Today we live in a world saturated by all types of media. Engaging with media has become a part of almost every moment of our lives, our generation has learned to multi-task like no other, we don’t just look at our phones, or just watch the television or just go on the internet but we do all of that at the one time while also trying to balance a plate of dinner on our lap.
Our generation is drawn to visual and audio more than ever before. YouTube is an internet sensation and has revolutionized the sharing and watching of videos online. It is the second largest search engine after Google. It is also owned by Google. Did you know there are 100 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute?
Video is a powerful way to tell a story or spread a message and with the advent of smart phones and movie making/editing apps it has never been easier. Using video to improve your search results is also another good reason to consider the social networking site for business results.
These are our 10 reasons to use YouTube to help build your brand:
1. To begin YouTube is free, there are no costs included in making a YouTube account and posting videos.
2. Audio and Visual are more powerful than plain text and much more attractive.
3.On YouTube you can put a link to your website underneath your video, so all viewers have to do is simply click the link to find you.
4. YouTube videos can be watched anywhere, they can be viewed at home or on the move. This means that through YouTube your videos can be reached by more people than an advertisement on a television.
6. Apart from Visual and Audio being more attractive than text, viewers are more likely to be interested in what you have to offer after watching a video.
7. By creating a YouTube video you will also create an online presence for yourself and your brand, viewers have the ability to share these videos on other sites so with every share will come a lot of publicity.
8. It is as simple as tying your shoe laces, You don’t need a fancy video camera or a tripod stand all you need is a good quality camera on your phone to record a video.
9. Information also travels to the brain faster when visual.
10. Lastly, it is simple and easy advertising for your brand.
Now all you need to know is how best to put together a Youtube video in order to attract viewers, so for all of the beginners out there Digital Training Institute offers a course on creating YouTube Videos. Click here to view our YouTube course and to download a PDF of a brochure.
University of Limerick,
Digital Marketing Intern,
Digital Training Institute.