JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
Hello and welcome to JSB Talks Digital. The podcast for marketers, bloggers, small business owners and those of you bringing your skills into the Digital Age! I’m Joanne Sweeney-Burke and I’m your host!
In this episode
- Workplace by Facebook Launches
- Facebook Releases New Events App
- New Snapchat Update Replaces Auto Advance with Story Playlists
- I Interview Shiofra Jey, a Millennial Social Media Enthusiast who asks “Why isn’t anyone teaching us about online safety?”
- Web Summit debuts in Lisbon
- Jack Dorsey rallies the Twitter troops
- Why Trump & Clinton are killing my social media experience
- JSB’s column – Measuring what matters in Facebook Ads; and
- Ripl, the Social Media Tool of the Week
Useful links from this episode
- Sign up for Workplace by Facebook
- Read more about how to install the Facebook pixel on your website in my blog post
- Buy tickets for the 2016 Web Summit taking place in Lisbon
Interview of the Week
In this week’s show I’m joined by Shiofra Jey, a Millennial social media enthusiast. Shiofra is a final year Economics and Political Science student at Trinity College Dublin and is an avid social media user. I wanted to find out more how Millennials are using the social web for connecting, sharing, building brand reputation and influencing.
Shiofra says that Millennials with maturity are realising that they need to audit their social media footprint but at that stage could it be too late. She says, “there’s a huge gap in online safety education and asks “why can’t we complete a course like ECDL but for online safety.?”
Listent to Shiofra’s honest interview and if you are a Gen Z, Millennial or a parent of one you will want to tune in.
Follow Shiofra on Instgram at @shiofraclare
JSB’s Featured Column: Measuring what matters in Facebook Ads
Are you using Facebook Ads? Do you know how to measure return on investment? There are quite a number of metrics to measure when launching a Facebook advertising campaign and in my column on his episode I share the most important ones with you. So to gain visibility for your Facebook ads you must be tactical in your approach to audience targeting.
The social media tool that saved my working week is… Ripl
The social media tool that saved my working week this week is mobile app Ripl!
I am always on the go, running in heels, rushing from one meeting to another – selling, consulting, training and speaking. So often I create social media graphics on my iPhone.
Ripl is one of my favourite visual storytelling apps as it combines, photos, text, and music which you can then share on your favourite social networks.
I love feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.