Lesson from today’s show: we all have a responsibility to be good digital citizens
JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
Hello and welcome to JSB Talks Digital. The podcast for marketers, bloggers, small business owners and those of you bringing your skills into the Digital Age! I’m Joanne Sweeney-Burke and I’m your host!
In this episode
- Facebook Introduces Instant Video
- LinkedIn now supports hashtags
- How to confuse a millennial trends on Twitter
- I interview with Marialice Curran and my daughter Sophie about Digital Citizenship
- My Shoutouts:
- Digital Citizenship Summit USA
- Digicit Kids
- My featured column: how do we protect young minds online?; and
- Google Alerts, the social media tool that may save your online reputation.
Useful links from this episode
- Marialice Curran personal website
- Digital Citizenship Institute
- Digital Citizenship Institute Summit
- Follow Marialice Curran on Twitter
- Follow DigCitKids on Twitter
- Follow the hashtags #DigCitKids #DigCitSummit #DigCitInstitute on Twitter and get involved in the global conversation!
Interview of the Week
In this week’s show I’m joined from Connecticut, United States by one of the leading lights on Digital Citizenship in the world!
Marialice Curran is trail-blazing this relatively new space along with her 9-year old son, Curran.
I first met Marialice and Curran in Bournemouth earlier this year when we shared at a stage at the Digital Citizenship Summit UK. However, we were connected long before this on Twitter.
Sophie and I’s interest in this topic led us to connect with the global voices on DigCit and it’s been the most remarkable journey for us.
JSB’s Featured Column
How do you protect young minds online?
In this week’s column I’m going to have a conversation with my daughter Sophie who has co-authored a suite of eLearning courses and resources for parents, teens and teachers.
We developed Young Minds Online three years ago after working hard on our own social media boundaries as Sophie was growing up
The social media tool that saved my working week is…
Given that this episode is all about online reputation and digital citizenship I thought I’d share a great tool that will help save your good name.
So the tool that may save your working week is Google Alerts.
If people are talking about you and your business online, you want to know about it. As a small business, large business or even as an individual it’s important to monitor your online reputation.
Google Alerts is a content change detection and notification service, offered by Google. The service sends emails to you when it finds new results based on your alert.
I love feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.