JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
In this episode
- Snapchat Spectacles are here!
- Instagram updates Stories with new features
- Facebook rolls out sponsored messages in Messenger
- I interview Dr. Stephen Brennan, Chief Digital Advisor to the Irish Government
- Shoutouts to three social media friends who are creating excellent content
- JSB’s column – The power of digital storytelling and JSB’s top tips; and
- Find out what tool saved my working week
Useful links from this episode
- Watch my coverage from the Health Informatics Society of Ireland Conference which put spotlight on digital. I created Twitter moments.
- Follow Ryan Anderson Bell on Snapchat
- Jenny Brennan has a Foxy Fitness Facebook Group if you are interested in getting Foxy for forty or above!
- Samantha Kelly, aka Tweeting Goddess has a new online course for Twitter newbies! To get €10 off quote TwitterMagic10 and it will cost you just €44.
- A big shoutout to Marie Clare Byard who is a Social Media photographer. Her unique ability to capture the stories from events and have them online across all social networks almost immediately is remarkable. I worked with Marie Clare this week at the HISI conference and she helped capture my content live!
Interview of the Week
This week I was at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin attending Ireland’s largest healthcare conference which took place over two days. The event brings together Irish and international healthcare professionals, HSE staff, industry and other experts. The theme of this year’s Conference & Symposium organised by the Healthcare Informatics Society of Ireland was: The Digital Patient: Empowerment through Technology.
I had the opportunity to present on Day 1 on Social Media Policy for Healthcare Professionals while on day 2 I chaired a panel discussion on: Empowering the Digital Patient.
Joining me on that panel was Dr. Stephen Brennan, Chief Digital Advisor to the Irish Government. Stephen is also founder and CEO of the healthcare informatics company Centuri Analytics.
JSB’s Featured Column:
I consider myself as a professional storyteller and in fact the bio on my personal blog joannesweeneyburke.ie goes a bit further:
I’m a storyteller, hence the personal blog. Tales, yarns, epic monologues, musings, conversations, anecdotes, scoops and narratives, you’ll find all sorts of stories here.
Many people are afraid to open up online, worried about what people might think, comment or even what reaction button they might hit on Facebook. But the reality is, as the Internet grows to goliath-size, we have no choice but bring personal and personality into our digital storytelling.
So let me share 7 top digital storytelling tips with you that can work for brands and individuals and I encourage you to give it a try!
The social media tool that saved my working week is… Rival IQ
Do you know how you are performing against your competitors or if your social media is actually working?
Well this week I took a trial of Rival IQ before I discuss a possible monthly subscription.
I love feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.