Why we need to protect Young Minds Online
There are very many reasons why we need to protect Young Minds Online. As a mother of two children and a regular speaker and mentor in schools, I have found that while tweens and teens are up to date with social technologies, their appreciation for protecting their online privacy and reputation is minimal.
I began thinking quite seriously about this topic and decided that I could and should do something about it. So in conjunction with my 18-year old daughter Sophie we set about developing a new course for Transition Year students.
Young Minds Online is a seven month course broken down into six modules as follows:
- Managing your Online Reputation
- A Social Media Use Policy for Teenagers
- Putting Young Heads on Old Shoulders
- Survey of Social Media
- Developing the Digital Footprint of Your School
- Anti Social Media Behaviour
It costs €150 per student and covers the following:
– Course Brochure
– Workbooks for each Module
– Online Mentoring (Facebook Group, Google Group, Google Drive, Skype)
– Bi-Monthly School Visits
– End of year Presentation
Download the Young Minds Online Brochure here.
Find out what Salerno Secondary School in Salthill, Galway think of Young Minds Online. Watch the video testimonial here.
To arrange a free presentation for your school call Joanne Sweeney-Burke on 087-6237373 or email email@example.com.