JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
Hello and welcome to JSB Talks Digital. The podcast for marketers, bloggers, small business owners and those of you bringing your skills into the Digital Age! I’m Joanne Sweeney-Burke and I’m your host!
In this episode
- Instagram appears to be testing live video
- Facebook optimizes news feed for network connection speed
- Scheduling Facebook Live broadcasts rolls out
- I Interview Victoria Taylor, livestreamer, Snapchatter and Head of Events for Summit Live UK
- Shoutouts to The EPP Group who attended my workshop in the EU Parliament last week
- JSB’s column – My life through a social media lens; and
- Find out what tool saved my working week
Useful links from this episode
- The Digital Citizenship community are gathered today (Friday 28 October) at Twitter HQ in San Francisco for the global DigCitSummit as part of the US Media Literacy Week. You can watch live here or follow on Periscope on Twitter’s @safety account. (9.50pm Irish time Sophie and I take to the stage). Please get involved in the Digital Citizenship conversation and use or follow the hashtags #DigCitsUmmit #BetheDigitalChange and #MediaLitWeek
- The Verge is quoting a a Russian news site which shows live functionality embedded into Instagram stories.
- Facebook recently announced an update to the Facebook Live API that enables Page owners to schedule their Facebook Live broadcasts – including a new tool which sends out an announcement post with an option for users to get a reminder of when your broadcast is active.
- My latest article on Social Media Examiner focuses on B2B marketing on Facebook. I’m often asked about how to approach business to business strategy on social media given that I do lots of it.
- I was in Brussels last week delivering a social media workshop to members of the EPP Group, the EU Parliament’s largest political grouping. Follow @EPPGroup on Twitter. I did curate my Twitter moments from the feedback from the workshop so you can view that over @tweetsbyJSB.
Interview of the Week
She is founder and chief social strategist at Blend Social – a social media management and strategy agency. Victoria is also a noted live streamer and Snapchatter and is an international speaker on all things social!
JSB’s Featured Column: My life through a social media lens
Did you see my Snapchat story earlier this week (at jsbnsaps) documenting my Digital Day Out? I got lots of feedback and interaction which was great.
Today I’m talking about a related topic – my life through a social media lens. I wrote a blog post on this very topic on my flight back from Brussels last week – so go have a look at the full version on my blog.
Writing in the digital age provides me with multiple platforms to have my say. I like to have my opinion, share my knowledge, offer value to digital conversations and have fun on social.
I’m a Gen X’er living like a Gen Z online – two whole generations behind me.
So let me address three key digital tensions in this podcast that I think people obsess about.
1) Am I socially connected online and socially disconnected offline?
2) Why do I story tell my working day? And
3) Can there really be a meeting of minds online?
The social media tool that saved my working week is… Save Facebook Chrome Extension
The social media tool that saved my working week this week is the Facebook Save Chrome Extension.
Most people will know about the ‘Save’ button which you can tap to save an article to read later on Facebook.
Did you know this feature was launched in 2014, and has 300 million users per month?
I love feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.