JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
Hello and welcome to JSB Talks Digital. The podcast for marketers, bloggers, small business owners and those of you bringing your skills into the Digital Age! I’m Joanne Sweeney-Burke and I’m your host!
In this episode
Coming up in today’s show….
- Twitter now lets you post longer tweets after 140-character limit relaxed
- Snapchat Rebrands as Snap Inc and Reveals Spectacles
- Instagram rolls out save draft features
- I interview Johnny Beirne from Speakific
- My shoutouts: Bloggers unite for the official launch of Irish Blogger Agency; Social media trends you can’t ignore – I’ll be sharing those at the upcoming Network Ireland Limerick event and From Risk To Revolution’ in the video, live social video and live streaming space – Will you attend Summit Live UK?
- My featured column: What is a digital marketing sales funnel anyway? and
- Slack, the tool that saved my working week.
Useful links from this episode
- Irish Blogger Agency Launch, read my blog post
- Attend the Network Ireland Limerick event I’m speaking at on October 12th
- Summit Live UK has announced their 2017 dates. The event is billed as: “From Risk To Revolution’ in the video, live social video and live streaming space.” It takes place in from March 27-29 in London’s Science Museum.
- Snap Inc Spectacles
Interview of the Week
In this week’s show I’m joined by Johnny Beirne, Co-Founder of Speakific, the platform where event organisers and speakers connect. Guest Speakers are in demand now more than ever, from large conferences to local networks and meetups.
While there are 1000’s of great speakers out there, how do you find them? And if you are someone who can educate, empower and entertain a room, how do you get found?
Speakific is the solution. It allows event organisers to find great speakers through a simple search. Event organisers can see the speaker’s bio, reviews and videos.
JSB’s Featured Column
What is a digital marketing funnel anyway?
I talk a lot about digital marketing funnels so I thought I should explain what I mean by it.
Put simply, a digital marketing funnel is how companies attract, convert and customers via the web.
We are all engaged in digital marketing activities and busy pushing out social media marketing messages, but are we capturing the data trail of those who are engaging with our brand and are we re-marketing to them?
The social media tool that saved my working week is… Slack
I am a project manager and lots of my time is briefing and directing my team on client work. We are also spread all over the world in different time zones and in different countries.To reduce death by email we use an app called Slack which has some great functionality.
I love feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.