Lesson from today’s show: how to use social media to promote your book – an author’s insights.
JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
Hello and welcome to JSB Talks Digital. The podcast for marketers, small business owners and those of you bringing your skills into the Digital Age! I’m Joanne Sweeney-Burke and I’m your host!
In this episode
- Facebook to pay internet stars for live video;
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study;
- Twitter announces application process for verified accounts;
- My Shoutouts: Social Media Success Summit, The Marketing Success Summit and my new four-week online program – How to Win Digital Business;
- I interview debut author Cat Hogan about how she uses social media to promote her book;
- My featured column: how to attract qualified leads to your website; and
- SumoMe – the social media tool that saved my working week.
Useful links from this episode
- Facebook is to Pay Internet Stars for Live Video. The Wall Street Journal has reported that nearly 140 contracts with video creators total more than $50 million have been signed.
- IBM Marketing Cloud’s annual report on email marketing benchmarking is out. The 34-page study examines messages sent by nearly 750 companies and 3,000 brands in 2015, using a wide variety of measurements to establish benchmarks on customer engagement. Download it here. The study looks at open, click and client metrics as well as list churn (hard bounces, unsubscribes and complaints).
- Twitter has announced an online application process for verified accounts. I have been dreaming of my own blue tick for years! Now it might actually happen. And I sure will let you know if and when it does over at @tweetsbyJSB.
Interview of the Week
In today’s show I’m joined by Cat Hogan, who has published her debut novel They all Fall Down. She tells me how social media is a vital part of her marketing strategy to boost sales and her profile as a debut author.
The book has been described by renowned author Eoin Colfer as “an intoxicating cocktail of psychological thriller and emotional rollercoaster” and made the Irish Times Top 10 Irish bestsellers list! I speak to Cat about how social media helps her promote her book.
JSB’s Featured Column
Having qualified leads for your business is vital. If you are serious about your offline and online marketing activities then you must be able to measure results. One critical way to do this is to grow qualified leads for your business.
I decided to develop an infographic depicting 20 ways in which you can warm up prospects while qualifying them for sales. I’ve based this on my own marketing, PR and digital tactics so I can say for certain it works!
The social media tool that saved my working week is…
The tool that saved my working week this week is SumoMe. You’ve heard me talk before at length about the power of your community. While we are all using social networks to build brand profile and sell we ought to push that traffic to our own website and build a list!
So one tool I use to help me build a bigger and better list is SumoMe.
I love feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.