How To Implement Digital Reform In A Large Organization: JSB Talks Digital Episode #3
JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
Hello and welcome to JSB Talks Digital. The podcast for marketers, small business owners and those of you bringing your skills into the Digital Age! I’m Joanne Sweeney-Burke and I’m your host!
In this episode
- Instagram releases business profiles
- Going around in 360 degree circles with Facebook photos
- The Periscope button arrives on Twitter for mobile
- I speak to Richard Corbridge, IT Person of Year and CIO of Ireland’s National Health Service
- My featured column: Social media influencers aren’t born overnight; and
- LSI keyword Generator – the social media tool that saved my working week.
Useful links from this episode
- The new Instagram business profiles
- Facebook 360 photo is introduced
- Twitter may be planning to bring their live streaming app Periscope even closer to us with the testing of the Periscope button for select mobile users.
- The tools that saved my working week – LSI Keyword Generator
- Some of my favourite social media influencers who have a resume to match their influencer status
- Michael Stelzner, founder of SocialMediaExaminer.com
- Ian Cleary, founder of RazorSocial.com
- Mark Schaefer, multiple author and business consultant at businessesgrow.com
- Brian Fanzo, founder of isocialfanz.com and live streaming expert
- Carlos Gil, Head of Social Media at BMC Software and Snapchat Influencers
- SueB Zimmerman, Instagram influencer
- Steve Dotto of Dotto Tech and YouTube influencer
These guys put in the work so we all benefit from their knowledge!
This podcaster has been telling stories for 15 years – and if you think I just woke up one morning and decided to be a podcaster because it was the cool thing to do, then you are mistaken.
Ms. JSB has been on the long road of journalism, PR, CEO in various roles and self-employment. If you want to be an influencer in any area – simple keep working, keep learning, keep sharing and ask others to share your knowledge too. Then my friends, influence will find you. You will not find it.
Interview with Richard Corbridge
Richard Corbridge IT Person of Year 2016 and CIO of the HSE – Ireland’s National Health Service.
In 2015, Richard was named the 5th most influential CIO in Europe by CIO magazine. He was listed by Computer Weekly as a rising star of the IT Industry, and named by the Huffington Post as one of the most ‘Social CIOs’ in the world.
Richard has also set up eHealthIreland which aims to transform technology in healthcare in Ireland.
“In order to deliver truly patient centred, safe and excellent integrated care, we need integrated information management and technology. Technology allows better access to accurate information, quick and efficient sharing of patient information which releases more time to treat patients. It allows access to potentially life-saving patient information and faster access to relevant information. Perhaps more importantly, it allows individuals to better manage their own health and become active participants in planning for their own needs. In short, connected health is better health.”
I asked Richard for his key tips for anyone trying to implement digital reform in a large organization.
- Transparency and openness: everyone in the organization needs to understand what you are doing and why and they should be enthused and on board with the digital reform.
- Take people on a journey – IT in the public sector is a big project. But you have to make progress every year.
Connect with Richard on LinkedIn or follow him on Twitter @R1chardatron
Send me your feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.
Listen: JSB Talks Digital Episode #3
I would like to thank Eoghan Murphy aka The Galway Gamer for producing my podcast series and to Flirt FM on the campus of NUI, Galway where I am based for the use of their studio.