Trending Customer Habits – Deeper Marketing Insights
What is Audience Insights?
Facebook have designed a new tool to help marketers learn more about their target audience. Audience Insights can be found in your Ads Manager account and shows information about groups of people – customers and prospects. It might not have reached you yet as it was only rolled out in the US as a first step last week.
Keeping in line with data protection laws this new feature allows marketers to view aggregate and anonymous insights while keeping people’s personal information private.
This new tool is different to Page Insights because it looks at trends about your current or potential customers across Facebook, whereas Page Insights looks at the interactions with your Page (i.e., likes, comments and shares).
How does Audience Insights Work?
The tool gives insights about users in the following categories:
- Demographics: Age and gender, lifestyle, education, relationship status, job role and household size.
- Page Likes: The top Pages people like in different categories such as fashion, sports, entertainment.
- Location and Language: Where people live and the languages they speak.
- Facebook Usage: How frequently people in the target audience login to Facebook and which devices (mobile, desktop, tablet) they use.
- Purchase Activity: Past purchase behaviour and methods (online V offline).
Now what is interesting about this information is that you can view it for three different groups of people:
1. The general Facebook audience
2. People connected to a particular Page or event
3. A marketer’s current customers (created using Custom Audiences)
How will Audience Insights benefit me?
The more customer insights you have, the better you’re equipped to deliver meaningful messages to people. Through gathering the information with Audience Insights it will make it easier to raise awareness of your brand to those your brand is targeted at.
“Get to know the people who matter to your business, so you can understand what matters to them”