Digital Citizenship Summit in San Francisco | JSB Talks Digital Episode 21
JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
In this episode I bring you interviews from the Digital Citizenship Summit in San Francisco where I spoke.
Welcome to a very special episode of JSB Talks Digital where I recorded a series of interviews at Twitter Headquarters in San Francisco. I was Stateside for the global Digital Citizenship Summit where my daughter Sophie and I spoke.
What is Digital Citizenship?
The safe, savvy and ethical use of the Internet as coined by Mike Ribble which he breaks down into nine elements.
Safe: Security, Communication, Commerce
Savvy: Literacy, Access, Health
Ethical: Rights & Responsibilities, Law, Etiquette
In this episode
- News from the Digital Citizenship Summit at Twitter Headquarters in San Francisco;
- The Digital DNA of Generation Z;
- JSB interviews digital citizenship influencers who are making waves online and in classrooms and communities;
- JSB’s Column: I launch a partnership between Digital Training Institute & Digital Citizenship Institute to bring digcit programs to boardrooms and workplaces; and
- The social media tool that saved my working week in San Francisco.
Our goal is to transform social media and tech use by educating, engaging and empowering citizens locally and globally to be safe, savvy and ethical. We aim to bring together all stakeholders (educators, parents, students, organizations, industry) to find solutions and promote best practices. Join the conversation and be the digital change. – Dr. Marialice Curran & David Polgar, Co-founders, DigCitSummit.
Useful links from this episode
- Find out more about Digital Citizenship from the DigCitSummit website
- Find out more about the Digital Citizenship Institute whom I’m partnering with on digcit programs for workplaces.
- View the list of speakers and the panelists who spoke at the Summit.
Interviews of the Week
In this week’s show I have a series of interviews from the Digital Citizenship Summit
- Follow Dr. Marialice Curran, Founder of Digital Citizenship Institute and co-founder of the Digital Citizenship Summit
- Follow @thelivbits on Twitter – this 10 year old gets 1,000 new Twitter followers a week!
- Follow Derek Larson, a digital educator from Utah.
- Follow Sarah Thomas, a regional tech coordinator in Virginia.
- Follow Curran Dee, 10-year DigCitKids trailblazer.
JSB’s Featured Column: Partnership with Digital Citizenship Institute
I am delighted to announce that Digital Training Institute will partner with Digital Citizenship Institute to bring digcit programs to workplaces across the globe. Dr. Marialice Curran has an extensive career in academia and her research team includes the godfather of Digital Citizenship Mike Ribble and author, professor and digital humanist, Jason Ohler.
The social media tool that saved my working week is… Voxer
Voxer is the only app that delivers voice live. You can listen immediately or listen later at your convenience. It’s huge Stateside. My friend Derek Larson introduced me to it in Bournemouth earlier this year when we attended the UK Digital Citizenship Summit.
I love feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.
Listen: JSB Talks Digital Podcast Episode #21
I would like to thank Eoghan Murphy aka The Galway Gamer for producing my podcast series and to Flirt FM on the campus of NUI, Galway where I am based for the use of their studio.