JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
Hello and welcome to JSB Talks Digital. The podcast for marketers, small business owners and those of you bringing your skills into the Digital Age! I’m Joanne Sweeney-Burke and I’m your host!
In this episode
- Why Facebook Live has pushed Blab off the live broadcast stage;
- I speak to Alan Swan, a podcaster and radio Producer with RTÉ, about the art of interviewing;
- Candace Payne, her Chewbacca mask and Kohl’s marketing hack of genius;
- My featured column: don’t do social for social’s sake; and
- GoAnimate: the social media tool that made my working week at Digital Training Institute.
Useful links from this episode
- Subscribe to Alan Swan’s, The Outerview podcast
- Watch Candace Payne, enjoying life with her Chewbacca mask
- COPS on Blab, Officer Mike Bires and Sergeant Marc Marty
- GoAnimate, the social media tool that saved my working week
Podcast and interview tips from Alan Swan
- Prepare: Do your research on the person you are interviewing and show respect by knowing as much as possible about them.
- Listen: Make sure you listen to the interviewees’ answers and don’t worry about what your next question will be. By not listening you might miss a key point which could take the interview to a whole new level.
- Enjoy: Enjoy every interview experience. Don’t concern yourself about whether you are doing a good job or not. You should be doing podcasts and interviews because you are passionate about a subject and this needs to come through in your interviews. So relax.
Send me your feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.