JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
Hello and welcome to JSB Talks Digital. The podcast for marketers, small business owners and those of you bringing your skills into the Digital Age! I’m Joanne Sweeney-Burke and I’m your host!
In this episode
- Snapchat rolls out snap ads between stories
- Facebook releases Suicide Prevention feature worldwide
- Microsoft acquires LinkedIn for 2.6 billion dollars
- I speak to Samantha Kelly about going from her kitchen table to 33,000 Twitter followers and her brand Tweetinggoddess
- My featured column: the SEO conundrum – how do you explain SEO to clients; and
- Canva, the social media tool that saved my working week.
Useful links from this episode
- Facebook Suicide Prevention App details
- Read about the Microsoft LinkedIn deal
- Follow Samantha Kelly on Twitter @Tweetinggoddess
- SEO Monitor who who came away with silverware from The European Search Awards 2016. They scooped Best Innovation-Software Award.
- Snaphappen, an event dedicated to Snapchat which is taking place in London later this year. It’s aimed at Snapchat influencers, marketers and fans is taking place in on September 22nd. Snaphappen is described as the world’s first Snapchat™ event & awards ceremony, run BY the community FOR the community.
- The tools that saved my working week – Canva
How To Explain SEO to a client
Search Engine Optimization or SEO can be the bane of digital marketers lives. How do you explain SEO in simple terms to your client and how can you convince them to invest in it.
SEO is one of the more complex tasks for a digital marketer and that’s why we have SEO and search marketing specialists. Recently, I was explaining the concept of SEO to a client and I thought it would be useful to share my know-how with you!
Tips from Samantha Kelly on how to get more Twitter followers
- Complete your Twitter bio in full
- Use a picture of yourself in your profile picture
- Engage with others and retweet them
- Building relationships with people by helping them out
- Keep tweeting
Send me your feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.