JSB Talks Digital is a weekly podcast show hosted by social media author, strategist, consultant, speaker and trainer Joanne Sweeney-Burke. Each Friday Joanne shares her digital marketing and social media insights from her work as CEO of Digital Training Institute.
In this episode I focus on digital in healthcare
- I attend Europe’s first Health Innovation Week in the Science Gallery hosted by eHealth Ireland and the HSE.
- I interview the Director General of the HSE, Tony O’Brien on their digital agenda.
- The HSE’s first ever CIO, Richard Corbridge talks to me about how digital can democratise healthcare for the patient.
- I experience 360 degree video and virtual reality in healthcare innovation.
- Have you ever heard of exponential technologies? Well I interview Professor Joe Haslam on the subject.
- I join a media panel to share my views on how social media can tell the story of healthcare technology; and
- Find out how 360 degree can provide a more immersive experience for your customers.
I attended Europe’s First Health Innovation Week and it was an amazing experience. Having done some work with the eHealth Ireland team I was interested to learn more about how our national health service is embracing the digital age.
We all know that eight years of austerity has meant that technology has been the poor relation of advancement. However things are changing in the HSE and I wanted to go along personally to find out how it is changing and what impact it will have on me as a patient.
Useful links from this episode
HSE Live adds live chat to its customer service offering
Watch my videos from the Health Innovation Showcase on my YouTube Channel.
JSB’s Featured Column:
How healthcare innovation can leverage the social web to build a community of patient advocates. I was part of a panel discussing this very theme at the Health Innovation Showcase. The panel was moderated by Richard Corbridge, CIO of the HSE and joining me were:
- Will Goodbody, RTE Science & Technology Journalist
- Maricka McCarville, Communications Exec, RTE Digital
- Ciara Clancy, founder Beats Medical and
- Mark Chillingworth, Founder ICON Media
To help flesh out that discussion I have decided to set out my approach to communicating healthcare innovation successfully on the social web.
Social media is a place we hang out to learn, be inspired, be informed and educated but also to help us engage with others who share our interests, beliefs or passions.
When it comes to healthcare innovation we are really talking about the community being made of up:
- Healthcare decision-makers and administrators
- Vendors, suppliers and innovators
So if you are trying to tell the story of healthcare innovation what should be your approach? Here’s my 8-step advice:
I love feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.