Are you struggling with your blog? Do you think that you are spending too much time business blogging with little or no return?
Perhaps you are a business owner or marketer who uses blogging as a digital marketing tactic, but are unable to evaluate the return on investment?
I have been blogging for eight years and can honestly say that it has been of huge benefit to me professionally.
However, the blogging world is still divided in terms of those who ‘make it’ and those who ‘fake it’. Blogging is also largely mis-understood and is mostly un-accredited as a qualification.
As a trained and former practicing journalis I draw on those skills in my blogging activities. But the industry is professionalizing and with the launch of Irish Blogger Agency, bloggers have a real opportunity to learn new skills, improve their knowledge around brand partnerships and even being represented by an agency who will bring them paid word.
My business blogging strategy
The main aim of my blog is three-fold:
- Share my knowledge and skills to show authority in the digital marketing industry;
- Optimizing my website for better search marketing results; and
- Building the brand profile of Digital Training Institute and JSB.
I have a 32-point checklist that I follow pre and post publication.
Here’s my business blogging routine for Digital Training Institute:
- I blog weekly, sometimes twice weekly and consistency is one of the most critical elements of a successful blogging strategy.
- I have a monthly content plan which keeps me focused and motivated.
- I write for my community.
- I undertake keyword research for all blog posts.
- I invest in promoting my blog posts.
- I measure social shares, views and time spent on my blog.
- I integrate added value in my blog posts such as free downloads or access to similar webinars.
Do you need blogging help? Get in touch!
JSB Talks Digital special episode
I decided to host a special edition of my podcast JSB Talks Digital to discuss business blogging with professional bloggers which I also streamed Live on my Digital Training Institute Facebook Page. Watch the replay below.
Blogging for Business Masterclass
Here’s what you will learn:
- Blogging Best Practice – 32-point blogging checklist
- Business Blogging Strategy
- How to Optimize Your Blog Posts for Google
- Guest Blogging Tips
- Generating Traffic/Subscribers
- Upcycling Old Blog Posts
I love feedback
I’d love to know what you think about this episode. So please get in touch by commenting below or tweet me @tweetsbyJSB or send me a snap to jsbsnaps.